Cardboard formwork is a single-use type of formwork for the erection of reinforced concrete pillars.
The advantages of cardboard formwork are:
- ease of execution of reinforced concrete pillars with their use (easy assembly and dismantling),
- very light as compared to steel formwork,
- water-resistant, may be stored in the open at the construction site; one should note, however, that the plane of support should be as large as possible, otherwise the formwork surface may become creased,
- environmentally friendly (use of anti-adhesive media is not required),
- because cardboard formwork is single-use, they do not require cleaning or storage after their removal from the concreted component,
- diameter availability from 150 mm to 1200 mm, standard length is 6 m,
- smoothness of the concrete surface after removal of the formwork.