Installation instructions for Deflex 500/Na profile
1. The base surface, to which the profile is supposed to be installed, must be even, smooth, free of any contaminants. After the surface is cleaned, the profile installation location needs to be primed (binding layer must be applied).
2. In order to even out the surface, it is necessary to create a base layer using epoxy resin (on both sides of the expansion joint) or using modified cement mortar, with a width of approx. 20-30 mm more than the support arms of the aluminium profiles.
3. The aluminium surfaces adhering directly to the floor level must be thoroughly cleaned, with the removal of any oils or fats, before installation.
Lay out the side profiles on the initially prepared epoxy resin or modified cement mortar layer, making sure that no air bubbles are created. Gently press the profile with a rubber hammer until evened out with the floor finish top surface.
The laid-out fresh resin or mortar layer must pass through the openings in the side support aluminium profiles. Top support surfaces must be cleaned of the fresh mass squeezed out this way.
Make sure the profile joints are level, so that equal height is maintained.
4. After the epoxy resin or modified cement mortar dries, anchor the profile and remove the installation 'beams'. Use anchors appropriate for the load values and surface type for the installation. Adhere to the recommendations of the installation anchor manufacturer.
Anchoring the profile must be made at a spacing of approx. 300 mm, and not closer than 50 mm and no farther than 150 mm from the edge of the aluminium profile. In case of an overlay profile, the recommended anchoring distance from the profile end edge is 150 mm. In order to install four running metres of profile, one needs approx. 30 anchors, which gives a use of 7,5 anchors for a running metre of expansion joint.
5. After the side profiles are mounted, install the elastomer inlay.
The inlay is delivered as a single section with a length of 50 to limit joint points.
Installation of the inlay should be started from the top (top side of the aluminium form profile). For this purpose, useful are the indentations on the aluminium form surfaces, in which the inlay is supposed to be placed. The sealing inlay flanges are arranged on a previously laid out water-tight insulation, and joined with materials appropriate for the insulation type, i. e. bitumen binders.
6. Then, arrange the stainless steel protective covers and affix them using screws embedded in the aluminium forms. After installation of the covers, remove the protective film. The stainless steel covers are delivered in two-metre or four-metre-long sections.
7. The sealing inlays of the subsequent sections or joining profiles should be butt-welded, with particular care, otherwise the profile will not fulfil the standard concerning water-tightness.
8. After work on the profile installation is completed, one may commence with the execution of finishing layers or with the filling of the expansion slit left over for the purpose of profile installation. Take care during the work so as not to damage the installed profile.
At the joint between the profile and the outer surface layer leave on both sides of the profile a free indentation with a width of at least 10 mm. For this purpose, use styrofoam bands or wooden battens (spacers).
After the execution of the final finishing layer, remove the spacers (styrofoam or wooden battens), and fill the empty space left over with permanently elastic material, i. e. expansion putty. Adhere to the recommendations and installation instructions of the product manufacturer.
Deflex 505 installation instructions
1. Profile installation location should be free of dust, sand and any other contaminants.
2. Apply the sealing layer + the binding layer.
3. After the sealing layer is applied, place the profile in the expansion joint adhering to the required spacing.
4. After the sealing layer binds, one may commence with the installation of the compression forms on the profile arms.
5. Ready installed Deflex 505 profile.