DEFLEX 423/ALR installation instructions
1. The base surface, to which the profile is supposed to be installed, must be even, smooth, free of any contaminants. After the surface is cleaned, the profile installation location needs to be primed (binding layer must be applied).
2. In order to even out the surface, it is necessary to create a base layer using epoxy resin (on both sides of the expansion joint) or using modified cement mortar, with a width of approx. 20-30 mm more than the support arms of the aluminium profiles.
3. The aluminium surfaces adhering directly to the floor level must be thoroughly cleaned, with the removal of any oils or fats, before installation.
Lay out the profiles on the initially prepared epoxy resin or modified cement mortar layer, making sure that no air bubbles are created. Gently press the profile in with a rubber hammer until it is flush with the floor finish top surface.
4. After the epoxy resin or modified cement mortar dries, anchor the profile and remove the installation 'beams'. Use anchors appropriate for the load values and surface type for the installation. Adhere to the recommendations of the installation anchor manufacturer. The profiles must be anchored at a spacing of approx. 300 mm, and not closer than 50 mm and no farther than 150 mm from the edge of the aluminium profile.
In order to install four running metres of profile, one needs approx. 30 anchors, which gives a use of 7,5 anchors for a running metre of expansion joint.
5. After profile installation, one may commence with the execution of the floor finish surfaces.