Installation recommendations for the Deflex 420/SP profile
1. The base surface, to which the profile is supposed to be installed, must be even, smooth, free of any contaminants. The installation spot must be primed. In order to even out the surface, it is necessary to create a base layer using epoxy resin (on both sides of the expansion joint) or using modified cement mortar, with a width of approx. 20-30 mm more than the support arms of the aluminium profiles.
2. Lay out the profile on the initially prepared epoxy resin or modified cement mortar layer, making particularly sure that no air bubbles are created. Gently press the profile with a rubber hammer until evened out with the floor finish top surface.
3. After the epoxy resin (mortar) dries, one can commence anchoring the profile. Use anchors appropriate for the load values and surface type for the installation. Anchoring must be made at a spacing of approx. 300 mm, and approx. 50 mm from the edge of the aluminium profile. One needs approx. 7,5 anchors for a running metre of expansion joint.
4. Depending on the foreseen use, fill the remaining slit with a mix of resin and quartz sand or a modified low-contraction cement mortar.
5. After the resin (mortar) dries, one may commence with the execution of finishing floor layers. Adhere to recommendations of installation anchor manufacturers as well as the indications of manufacturers of all construction materials used during assembly.
Installation recommendations for the Deflex STF 60 profile
1. The surface layer, to which the profile is to be mounted, must be cleaned, primed, and the base layer must be made on an epoxy resin base or on a modified mortar base (on both sides of the expansion slit).
2. Place the profile, with installation safety devices, in previously prepared expansion 'connections'. After the resin hardens, remove the installation protection together with the comb (top) profile components.
3. Anchor the profile to the surface (i. e. using reaction anchors or other anchors appropriate for the subsurface type).
4. Affix the top (comb) profile plates by screws.
5. Fill the free space between the profile and the floor structure with resin.